Minnie’s “Be My Valentine” Cupcakes
One of my favorite days is almost a week away — Valentine’s Day! I’ve always just loved the vibe of this day. All of the little valentines we would gather in our elementary classes, picking out one that was just right to give out to our friends!
Our annual Mardi Gras trip is about 4 days away because this year Fat Tuesday falls on Tuesday, February 13! Since I’ll be spending my Valentine’s Day with Mickey and Minnie this year, I thought what better way to celebrate than with some Disney dessert?!
Simple is always better in my opinion, especially when you’re in crunch time packing for a Disney trip like me! So this dessert is a festive, fun, and easy way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with a little Disney twist.
- Your Favorite Type of Cupcake Mix
- Ingredients Required for Recipe
- Pink Polka Dot Cupcake Liners
- 1 Box of Mini Oreos
- 2 16oz Containers of Vanilla Icing
- 1 Bottle of Pink Food Coloring
- 1 Container of Large White Sugar Pearls
- 1 Container of Large Pink Sugar Pearls
- Ziploc Bags or Icing Bags
- Place Polka Dot Cupcake Liners into Cupcake Tins.
- Follow Directions for Cupcake Recipe Given On Box.
- Fill Cupcake Liners with Cupcake Batter and Place in Oven.
- When Fully Baked, Remove From Oven and Allow Cupcakes Time to Cool.
- Take One Container of Vanilla Icing and Mix in a Few Drops of Pink Food Coloring.
- Stir Mixture Until Icing Becomes a Bright Pink.
- Fill a Ziplock or Icing Bag with Your Pink Icing.
- Fill Another Ziplock or Icing Bag with Your Vanilla Icing.
- Begin Piping the Icing on the Cupcakes in a Circular Fashion.
- Once All Cupcakes Have Been Iced, Add Two Mini Oreos to Each Cupcake as Mouse Ears.
- Use Your Sugar Pearls to Decorate and Help Minnie Rock the Dots for Valentine's Day!
- For my recipe I used classic Yellow Cake for my cupcakes, but feel free to use your favorite! Any type of cupcake will work for this dessert!
Is it just me or mini Oreos just make the best mouse ears?! When it comes to this dessert, there’s a lot of room to get creative! I chose to do both pink and white cupcakes because I loved the way to two designs complimented each other. I think it would’ve also been fun to add some red ones to match Minnie perfectly! Or even better — light purple to coordinate with the pink to represent Minnie’s House! Does anyone else miss visiting her house at Mickey’s Toontown Fair in Walt Disney World?!
I’d imagine there’s no better place to be for Valentine’s Day than Disney, so I’m excited to see what kind of special activities they have going on for the holiday! For those of you who won’t be visiting my happy place on that day, feel free to make this recipe at home to add a little Disney to your day.
What’s your favorite Valentine’s Day candy or treat?