Anytime I can bring the magic of Disney into my day to day life it’s a good time! I ran across this recipe on Pinterest and just had to try it for myself at home. With less than two weeks until I’m back in Walt Disney World, those Disney Withdrawals have been hitting me hard!
On my last trip, there were a lot of firsts for me. First time trying the dining plan, first Bestie Trip (now an annual requirement), and first time trying a lot of new snacks! One of those was Lefou’s Brew.
LeFou’s Brew is an apple slushy drink with a mango-passionfruit whipped cream that is available in New Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom. The drink is the perfect way to cool off in the Florida heat. If you’re looking for the full Beauty and the Beast experience, this treat is even available in a souvenir mug for an extra fee! I’ve always heard about Lefou’s Brew, but have never gotten around to trying it yet. So I’m glad that we were able to stop into Gaston’s Tavern and grab a pint last time I was there!
Since we haven’t quite transitioned into the fall weather here in Louisiana, I was looking for a Disney recipe that would be quick and easy to make, and of course refreshing! There’s just something about red delicious apples that makes me think of fall, so I thought an apple slushy was perfect for the season.
Here’s my twist on this Magic Kingdom favorite! I hope you get a chance to try it at home.
- Two Cups of Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup of Mango Juice
- ¼ Cup of Passionfruit Juice
- Six Tablespoons of Sugar
- Two 12 Ounce Cans of Frozen Apple Juice
- One Cup of Cold Water
- ¼ Cup of Mango Juice
- ½ Cup of Torani Toasted Marshmallow Syrup
- Two Cups of Ice (Add More For Extra Slush)
- Two Tablespoons of Maraschino Cherry Juice (Optional)
- Three Maraschino Cherries For Garnish (Optional)
- In a bowl, add together two cups of heavy whipping cream, ½ cup of mango juice, ¼ cup of passionfruit juice, and six tablespoons of sugar.
- Whip the mixture with a hand mixer until a whip cream texture forms.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add together two 12 ounce cans of frozen apple juice, one cup of cold water, ¼ cup of mango juice, ½ cup of Torani toasted marshmallow syrup, and two cups of ice in a blender.
- Blend the mixture until the consistency is thick and smooth.
- For additional flair, add two tablespoons of maraschino cherry juice and blend in the mixture.
- Pour LeFou's Brew into a mug and top it with whipped cream and cherries.
- This mixture will melt quickly, so be ready to enjoy when complete!
I really liked adding a little flair to the recipe with the maraschino cherries. Personally, when I think of whipped cream, I think of cherries on top! I’m sure Gaston and LeFou would approve.
This recipe is a perfect little escape from reality and back to Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland! Mason jars and colorful straws just add to the magical experience. Now that I’ve learned how to make this delicious recipe, I’m know I’ll be curing my Disney Withdrawals much more often!
Looking to make even more magical treats? Check out my other Disney Recipes here.